Okay, I kind of stole this one from “You Suck at Cooking” over on YouTube. I made a couple of changes, like using green pepper instead of jalapeno (it’s what I had), and not using cilantro (which is dishwater weed so far as I’m concerned.) Otherwise, it’s pretty well spot on his recipe. It’s also so good, I had to share it. If you’ve never seen the channel, if you like humor and don’t mind a little language, do yourself a favor—run over and check it out. Here’s the link again. 😉
- One small package of frozen corn, thawed and drained.
- One can of black beans, drained and rinsed.
- One fifth a green pepper, diced small.
- One fourth a large red onion, diced small.
- One medium/large tomato, diced small.
- ¼ cup mayo.
- Juice of one lime.
- 1 tsp cumin (more if you like it—I think it’s best served in small quantities).
- Salt and pepper to taste.
How to assemble: It’s really stupid simple, hence what I’m calling it here. I put the corn in some hot water to thaw, then did up all the other stuff. Drain the corn, and throw all the ingredients into a large mixing bowl, stir it up, yum! Serve it in a dish as a side, on chips, in burritos, or generally however you want to try it. It is beyond good, creamy, and you get that hit of “fat” from the little bit of mayo even though it’s a pretty healthy dish. Enjoy!